Want to know how Hollywood really works? Tales from the bottom about the world of filmmaking.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Welcome to Tales from Tinseltown!

I'll keep this "welcome" post at the top...

I’ve never understood blogs. Most of them tend to be boring people’s boring ramblings about their boring lives. The kind of blather that people used to put in their diary which would be kept under lock and key. But in this age of Reality TV and Social Networking, everything needs to be made public for all to see.

So in a way this is a typical blog. I have heard that it is dangerous to write about your industry. But hopefully that only applies to people with an axe to grind.

Who am I? Who I am is of no consequence.

I am a peon who has spent the majority of my life working in the trenches of the Hollywood film industry. I have seen and experienced a lot of things that most people who spend their lives pushing papers across a desk never will.

If you are hoping for salacious gossip about which celebrities are hooking up or breaking up or which directors are arrogant jerks – then move on. This is not TMZ.com.

But if you do have an interest in how Hollywood works, then venture forth. I promise that each entry will be a self contained story with a beginning, middle and end. And every story will be completely true (or at least the truth as I remember it). Nothing hyperbolized or fictionalized for the sake of drama like in “The Player” or “Entourage.” (Even though both of them contain a great deal of truth).

These are tales of my joys of working in the world of filmmaking. I hope you enjoy my stories.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive